Monday, September 19, 2011


Hi Mom!!!!!
This week has definitely been an interesting one.  It sounds like a lot is going on back at home right now.  Give my condolences to sister Webb and tell her that I love her and I am going to miss Brother Webb a lot.  It was so weird because I feel like I just saw him yesterday.  He was always really nice to me even when I hit his window with a golf ball.  I really like the book of grandmas.  It is like I am carrying a little piece of her with me while I am out here.  There were some cards with some scriptures written on them so I look at them every once in a while.  Zone conference was awesome!  We had so much fun and a member made really good food for us after.  Well this week we had a few things happen but I will start with my new comp.
He is from a city called Udon.  He was serving in Bankok until he came out to Buriram.  He was actually companions with Elder Patterson one of the people that was in the MTC with me.  If you thought that I was weird hahaha my comp is even better than I am.  He is just happy all of the time no matter what and he is always singing and just doing odd stuff hahaha it is a blast.  I will talk a picture and send it next week of the house.  Today we don't have a lot of time because we need to get on a bus at 4:00 but I will write it down so that I will remember.  I took a couple of really cool pictures this last week and I will send them next week also.  This week we had a chance to teach two really golden investigators.  One was a family.  I'm not sure if you remember the magician that I told you about but his family is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They really want to be baptized but they have to be interviewed by one of President Smith's counselors before they can.  We taught them restoration and the plan of happiness this week and they loved it.  We asked them if they believed in it and he said yes but she was a little hesitant.  We asked why and she was like in head and my heart it feels right but i do not know for sure.  We told her that that was the holy ghost telling her that it was true and she felt much better after we told her that.  When we taught the plan of happiness the father was teaching it all by the end of the lesson.  I don't know how he knew it all but he was talking about the 3 kingdoms like he had grown up with knowing it.  They were all way excited to learn this week and they love going to church and it feels like one of those mission stories that is too good to be true.  It is way cool to be in one of those stories!!!  Before we leave their house he always shows us magic tricks and he is really really good!  Some stuff I just don't understand! haha but it is really awesome just to see them changed their lives around just to follow Christ!  After that we taught another person named Mai.  She at first just wanted to learn English so a member invited her to English class and then we always share a spiritual thought after and she said that she was interested in the church.  After that she has been golden!  She is willing to change her life but she is always unsure at first.  She is scared to make some changes but we ask her to pray about it and then she just does it.  She had a piercing in her tongue and when we asked her to take it out she was really unsure and then we called her the next day and asked her about it and she said that she prayed and knew that she had to take it out.  She is way awesome and has a ton of faith in Christ.  It is so cool to see people just break away from traditions and willing to follow Christ and his only true church.  It is amazing to see these changes in real life.  I had always heard about them but had never seen them for myself.  It really is just like in Alma 32 when he talks about faith how people just start with an experiment on his words.  After that they give it room to grow and they change their lives.  I love it here so much.  I love the people even when I cant understand what they are saying to me at all.  I know through the Holy Ghost what they are trying to say to me.  It feels good to see the Lords hand in other peoples lives.  I never really noticed it before in mine but now I notice it everyday.  I love it so much!
Tell everyone that I said hi and tell JJ that I will see him at his Homecoming.  I will be sending everyone Christmas presents soon so don't open them when they come because I have to send them in October.  I have to send them then because after October they won't let people send anything out of the country over 500 grams haha so I will send it soon.  You can open one when I send it but nothing else.
I love you so much Mom! I of course miss you but 2 years is nothing hahaha i feel like I just got here yesterday but I have been out 6 months now.  I feel like time doesn't exist haha.  I love you so much and I know the Lord is watching over you for me.  I love you.

-Elder Bryce

Hey Dad,
Well that sounds like a really good hike and adventure.  I have always wanted to go up there but I just never took the time before.  I never realized how alike Bracken and I are to you and Keith.  We say that we are only going to do a little bit and then we end up going much farther than we expected hahaha.  I thought about our attempt at hiking up Timp and how that turned out hahaha it made me laugh a lot hahaha i loved it.  So is it very huntable up there?  I sure that it would be interesting trying to get an elk out of there.  A deer would be ok but an elk would be pretty hard.  Haha you and mom are lucky because i haven't even seen a picture of zone conference hahaha.  It was way fun though and the member that made for us after was the best ever!!!!!!!!!!! There is one dish that is so good.  In Thai it is call waterfall pork.  It sounds weird but all it is is spicy pork with sticky rice.  It is probably one of my favorite foods ever and it is really easy to make.  It would be really cool on a camp out.  Actually most Thai food is really good for camping.  Lots of rice though haha.  The work here is really awesome Dad.  I love it and I love seeing people's lives being blessed by the hand of the Lord and I know that it is not me who is doing the work but it is the Lord through me.  I thought about it the other day that he really doesn't need us here.  He could just do it some other way but he gave me a chance to grow and to see growth in our brothers and sisters.  Seeing the Lords hand actually reach out to people is amazing.  I had always heard of stories like it but I had never expericened it for myself and now I have.  I love you so much Dad!
-Elder Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.