Monday, October 3, 2011

Email this week


Check out the picture tab, Bryce sent two pictures!!!!

Hey Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This week sounds like a great week for you.  I’m proud of my old High school and that they are kicking butt again.  I remember in the MTC one Elder didn’t really like me because I wore my lone peak shorts to gym and he went to PG.  He tried to beat me in four square all the time and I would beat him every time.  hahaha its pretty bad when you have a grudge against someone in 4 square hahaha.  Well I really will miss your salsa not going to lie.  I’m pretty sure that there is only one Mexican restaurant in Thailand and it is in Bangkok haha.  I actually do miss Mexican food but Esan food is better haha.  Esan food is really spicy and really easy to make so we eat it all the time. Send me a picture when everything is up for Halloween.  They actually celebrate it here but not big like we do it haha.  They even do Christmas here but they just don’t really know what it means.

Well I actually know all of those names hahaha.  Everyone but Stott were our little brothers in the MTC.  I am friends with Elder Todd and I got to actually go on splits with him and he is really good!

This week we will be watching conference.  I will be reading scriptures the whole time because I wont have a chance to watch it in English.  I will read the Liahona when it comes out but until then it will all be a surprise hahaha.

That is way cool about the New Temples that are being built and the new one in Provo will be interesting.  It should be done by the time that I get maybe?  But I will really want to go to it for sure when I get back.  Actually the first thing that I want to do when I get back is to go to the Salt Lake Temple.  And I mean right when I get off the plane.  I will be away from a temple for the next two years and it will be the first thing that I will really want to do haha. besides spending time with my family.

I really don’t even want to think about Brittanie getting married!  It is still really weird to me that she is and then you put in the part where she will have kids by then! hahaha I turned to my comp and he was even surprised haha but when you go to her reception tell her congrats for me.

Well here we get rain everyday but because we are higher up we don’t ever get flooded.  I really don’t know about the other Elders.  We are kind of in our own world in Buri Ram.  We only talk with the Elders in Surin and our zone leaders and they don’t talk about stuff very often.  Actually when my comp was on the phone with them they told me that Sister Jolley missed me hahaha She told me that I was like a little brother to her haha.  She actually leaves this transfer.  I will be able to see her leave because I am going to be moving.  I haven’t been told that I will be but it is pretty sure because we have a bunch of Thai Missionaries that need to be trained and so my comp will need to train someone so by October I will be out of Buri cRam.  It is actually really weird to think about because I have been here since June.  I really feel like I haven’t been here for very long but I have been here for over 3 months and when the transfer is over it will be 4 months.  It is so weird to think about time here because I just don’t feel like there is enough time to get the work done.  I wake up and then an hour later it seems like I am getting ready for bed.
This week was just awesome for investigators.  We couldn’t meet with the family that was golden because the dad had to go and work for the whole week but they said that we can meet them this week for sure.  We did get to meet a Phillipino family that is way awesome.  The mother knows Sister Rose and said that she wanted her kids to go to our church.  She is catholic and really wants her kids to be familiar with Christ.  She likes our church a lot but she feels bad because of something going on with her family so she says that we won’t accept her because of what she did.  We finally met them yesterday and they even brought a bunch of friends over.  Her boyfriend is Buddist and doesn’t know English at all.  So I would talk in English and then say what I said in Thai and then my comp would speak in Thai and I would translate for him.  The spirit was really strong and all of them want a copy of the Book of Mormon in English and Tagolog.  They were all really excited.  That was really the highlight of the week.  It was a pretty good week.  We did have a member come that was the seminary teacher of my comp so he bought us Swensen’s that day.  It was really fun haha because he was comps with my MTC Teacher hahaha.
Ok I have gotten the hint about pictures hahaha I notice that one line in every email that you send hahahaha.  I will send a package soon but I just have to go to Surin and get some stuff first.  Sorry!  but I will send you a picture of my comps seminary teacher with us today.
I love you so much Mom!  I really feel your prayers helping me and I am working as hard as I can for the Lord.  I love you and I know the Lord is watching over you for me.

-Elder Bryce

Hey Dad!
I haven’t gotten a chance to see conference yet.  We will get the DVD's this weekend and watch them but I think that I will be reading scriptures for most of the time.  I won’t have a chance to watch them in English.  If I was in Bangkok or a big city then I would but I will just have to read in the Liahona about them.  That is way funny about what Micah said to Bill.  By the way tell them that I said hi and that I am doing just great. That sounds great about cross country.  Does AF have a really good team this year or have they always been like that?  I have never really known.  Not going to lie I do miss working on cars.  I work on my bike every once in a while but it is just not the same hahaha but it is easier hahaha.  Well this week was a pretty good week.  I got to touch a water buffalo for the first time in my life hahaha.  It was pretty fun I had to move very slowly in order to do it though.  We also might fish this week haha that sounds weird but my comp wants to cook fish for me because I made spaghetti for him haha.  When I come home for Priesthood session we will go to a Thai place if that is ok?  haha but I will probably wonder why it is so expensive.  Here it is about a $1 to eat an entire meal.  And it is really good food hahaha.
This week was pretty interesting.  We had a couple of investigators really start to show their faith but also a couple of them that started to shrink a little.  They either get bored or things get too hard for them and they do what is "easier".  We did do something that I have never done before.  We went inside of another church and talked with the leader of that church.  We didn’t get to talk with him for very long but he didn’t like us at all hahaha.  They gave us a copy of the Bible and we told them that because they gave us a book we wanted to give them one and we handed them a Book of Mormon explained a little and left.  It was very interesting so see another Christian church.
I love you so much Dad! You have really taught me how to be the person I need to be.  You and Mom both taught me how to work and sweat haha.  I do that a lot here.  I love you and I don’t think that I could have been blessed with a better Father and Mother.

-Elder Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.