Monday, October 10, 2011

10/10/11 Emails


Hey DAD!
Well it sounds like you are pretty busy at home with school and stuff.  It does sound like you have a really good team but they just need to be committed more.  Buriram is basically just that.  We do have a mountain with a giant Budda but that is about the only landscape that we really have here.  It is actually kind of nice that we really don’t have any hills or anything.  It makes riding bikes a lot more pleasant hahaha.  Up in the North there are a lot of mountains but we don’t have a lot of missionaries up there.  I really don’t know why because I have heard that it is really good up there.  Our areas that are in the north are call Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.  We only have about 10 missionaries there.  From what I heard it is a really cool place but I might not ever go there.  Hhaha it all depends on where the Lord will call me.  Actually a lot of Thailand is not really open.  Most of the east is some of the north and then we have Bangkok.  The south is apparently dangerous because of the Islamic influence there and the center and the west is Babylon.  hahaha I have no idea but that is what my last comp said.
Most of the water I guess comes from rain fall but I really don’t know.  I will take some pictures of the rice fields this week and send it.  We actually just started teaching someone way out side of the city and it is beautiful out there.  The air is so fresh and it is all just green!  That was actually a really fun adventure.  We left our house at 9:00 and got there at 10:00.  After the main road we had dirt roads for about 3 kilos.  Then we learned that we had passed her house 2 kilos back haha it was really fun!  When we got there she saw that we had come a long way so she broke open coconuts for us so we could have something to drink.  I always thought about doing that and now i actually did! It is actually really good!  We actually have coconut trees in our yard so im going to start doing that haha.
This week was really good.  I learned a lot about myself and the Gospel this week.  Conference was really good even though it was all in Thai.  I said a prayer and asked for help to understand and it worked!  I really liked president Monson’s talk in Priesthood session.  It was a pretty good week.
I love you so much dad and tell the bishop that i said hi.  and everyone else.  Thank you for all that you have done for me.
-Elder Bryce

Hey Mom!!!
This week was really good!  I learned a lot from my comp and a lot of other things.  I also got to talk to my old comp so that was really fun!  We talked for a good 20 min just about how everything was going.  Right now we are teaching a really cool family.  They are from the Philippines!  I think I told you about them already, but we finally were able to give them a Book of Mormon.  It was one of my personal copies but I really didn’t care because it is more important that they have it right now.  We will get them personal copies this week but I really wanted them to start reading now.  They are doing well and they are already friends with a bunch of members already so I think that it will all be really good.  I told Dad but this week we had a really fun adventure.  On Tuesday we had to go and visit a referral.  She was outside of the city but my comp didn’t tell me that she was about 6 kilos out sided of the city haha.  We rode our bikes there and it was really cool.  We left the house at 9:00 and got there at 10:00.  She was alone so we couldn’t teach her but we shared a very quick message and she said that she would start to pray.  When we got there she saw that we were really tired and so she broke open a couple of coconuts for us so we would have something to drink.  It was so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where she lives is so beautiful too.  It is all just rice fields but it is all so green and the air is really fresh.  I loved it out there.  It really made me think about how this was all created.  I thought about how much God really loves us and how beautiful the earth really is.
We also got to watch conference this week.  It was all in Thai but I said a prayer before the meetings started and I was able to understand a  lot of it.  I took notes so that I could follow a long but I really knew that I wouldn’t have been able to do any of it if the spirit didn’t help me.  Actually that is true with most cases.  I know that I am not the smartest person and so if I didn’t have the spirit helping me understand I would have never been able to survive.  I have really felt the spirit help this week.  I know I would have never been able to do any of this on my own.  Other than conference not much else has happened this week.  Tell Smith that I said hi and Becky also.
I love you so much Momma!  I know that your prayers are helping me out here.  I love you so much and miss you but like I have said time is flying so fast!
Next week I promise that I will write more but not much happened this week hahaha.
-Elder Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.