Hey Dad!
hahaha that sounds like the adventure for a while for you. I remember doing the roof for the shed and that was enough for me hahahaha. Im glad that my kids will be doing it next time instead of me. Then i will also have to worry about the roof on my house hahaha. If you see gary again tell him that i said hi. I remember how bad those shingles looked. They looked like paper was the only thing that was really left on the whole roof. It will take some time getting used to having a dog when i get home. I hate them now. They are just not fun here. Even the little ones i dont like just because they bark all of the time. They are controlled by satan. Every time that we try to talk to someone they just start barking. The other day one came up and stole an investigators shoe haha that was pretty funny but it stopped the lesson. When you get your deer send some pictures. They dont really have deer here. They have something that is kind of like an elk but it is really small. I met one guy the other day that said he wants to go to utah to go hunting. He said that he wanted to shoot something big there because this country doesnt have anything hahaha. It sounds like you cross country team is starting to get better. Just keep drilling them and i think they will get it haha. I think that when i get back hunting will just be awesome. I wont ever care about how hot it is i know that. I am pretty sure that i have neve felt this hot in my life and its not even hot season hahaha. I will die in the cold though haha. I love you Dad and i know that the L:ord is watching over you and the family. I pray for it every night. I love you so much.
Elder Bryce
Hey Momma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I'm pretty sure that i learned that same lesson when i first got into country and as i have been working in Buriram. Elder Barret also sent me an email about the same thing hahaha When I read your email I laughed a little just because I think that has been a common theme of this week for me. This week has been really good. At first it was hard. I was struggling with just being happy and I learned that my comp was struggling with the same thing. It actually really made me doubt myself about everything. Then me and my comp talked about it and how he felt the same way. It was really cool to see that we had companionship unity like that hahaha. We talked about it and knew that it was all from Satan. He really worked hard on us this week for some reason. We have no idea why he was but he was. Later on in the week it got much better and yesterday was just the best Sunday that I have had in Thailand. I think that I told you about the family that I have been teaching that is from the Philippines. A couple of days ago she confessed something to us that was pretty serious. She really trusts us and this was something that we needed to know. She hasn’t been to church in a very long time and hasn’t even had a Bible for about 2 years. She said that she has been searching for a very long time to find the truth and just the right religion. She said that she didn’t feel good about any other sect but when she started talking to sister Rose, she felt that she needed to meet with us. We talked about the Word of Wisdom the other day and she said that she drinks coffee everyday but she said that if it was a commandments of God that she would stop drinking it to be better. Those lessons are always so powerful. She really wants to come closer to our Heavenly Father. She really does try hard to read in the Book of Mormon but she works a lot. She has 2 jobs and at one point she was only getting 2 hours of sleep every 2 or 3 days. She is way awesome and we are trying to teach her boyfriend but he is Thai so we decided that it would e easier to teach them separately. This family is so awesome! Although I’m pretty sure one of her friends wanted to date me. She asked how old I was and when i said that i was only 19 she seemed pretty disappointed. Hahaha But her friend is learning now also so I don’t have a problem.
I remember at the MTC we all loved music and the spoken word. It was the only time that we were able to listen to music hahaha. They have some cool numbers with combined choirs sometimes and they are really really cool. I loved seeing Sally Larsen whenever they showed her hahaha i just like being able to say that I am familiar with someone in the choir.
So about the flooding I will send pictures but it has been interesting. It only flooded one place in Buriram but they cleaned it up really quickly. Everyone else other than in the mountains has been flooding. In Surin for a seminary activity they were fishing in the street hahaha. It was pretty funny. Some of the Missionaries in Bangkok are actually going to be coming into our zone so they can work. So our district is going to have 8 people instead of just 4. We are all way excited because there has not been 4 elders in Buriram for a very long time. The transfer was extended for another 3 weeks so I probably won’t get my package for another 3 weeks. But it means that I get to stay with elder Piyanut for a longer time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is way awesome! He really wants to learn English because his dad promised him that if he was able to pass a test that his dad would pay for him to go to BYU Hawaii.
So I did talk to Roger that day and I told him that I would be ringing friends and family to help. He got really excited after I said that. He loves Mormons but he doesn’t want to be one haha I don’t understand that one. He really doesn’t like any other sect than ours but he wont join haha. His web site is treeoflifeorphanage.com. He said that he would really be willing to help. It is about 300 baht a day and he also will set up things if we want to go and tour some places. He is a way cool guy but for now we had to set him aside as an investigator. That 300 baht a day he will feed us and he provides rooms. He is really a good guy and I would love to see him again after I come back and I want all of you to meet him to. He said that it has been a long time since he has seen a good American Morman family hahaha.
That is about it for this week. I am going to be here for another 3 weeks and i am way excited for it! I love you so much Mom and i pray for all of you everyday.
I know that the Lord is watching over you for me.
Elder Bryce
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.