Hey Dad!
That is a really good looking deer. I am pretty sure that we don’t have those here. I have something that is kind of like it in the north but it is really weird looking and thee tai people just don’t think it is that cool. I think that there might be some in the Bangkok zoo but I haven’t been so I really don’t know. I hear that they have a lot of American animals at this zoo hahaha. I am going to be really excited for this next story. Tell Ryan Jess and Troy and the Moeller clan that I said hi and that I am doing well. That sounds like just the perfect hunt for you. The animal wasn’t big so it was easy to carry and you didn’t have to do a whole lot to get it done hahaha. I would say that it is the dream hunt for me hahahah. This week was a really fun week. We have had 4 elders in my area and they are just the coolest people in the world hahaha. We have fun all of the time and it is really cool to see how much work we are able to get done with 4 people. Not a lot has happened this last week. Just everyone is trying to get back up on their feet from the flooding that has been going on. There are a lot of camps that are outside of Bangkok for everyone. All Missionaries are safe and are able to work in other areas of the mission. My comp loves the pictures that you sent. He said that he kind of wants to do the same thing one day but killing animals is really weird for people here because they value some of them just like a human soul. I think that is way cool about those people getting baptized. Now the ward just needs to make sure that they stay active in the church and do all that they can to also start talking to their families. I really think that is the coolest thing in the world. I love you so much Dad and i love seeing these pictures of you and just hunting hahaha my comp loves them just because he never sees them.
I love you so much Dad! You really prepared me for this work. I love you and I will talk to you next week.
Elder Bryce
Hey Momma!!!!
Ok so to answer your questions. I wont get my Halloween package for the next couple of weeks because of everything that is going on. The Mission right now is just really disorganized because of the flooding. We can’t even get new planners or Book of Mormons or anything from Bangkok right now. I don’t know what is going to happen with transfers meeting until everything gets back to normal. I wish I did know but no one really knows. We have asked all of our leaders but they really all don’t know either. Elder Osbourne and Elder Grover came here. I knew Elder Osbourne in the MTC. He is way funny and Elder Grover is just awesome!!!!!! We have all had a blast here in Buriram and with 4 elders here we have been getting a lot of work done. I have been doing a lot of walking lately hahaha. I wish I could tell you more but that is basically all that I know about transfers. We might find out more this next week but everything is just really up to the flooding and how much water is going to be let out of Chaing Mai.
I really hope that he is really ready too! I told him that in the letter that i sent him but i still haven’t gotten his letter. We haven’t gotten mail for 2 weeks so it is probably waiting. Well This week was really really fun. We started inviting by a Baptist church and have found a lot of people that are really interested. They are all familiar with Christ but really don’t know what he did for all of us because most churches don’t ever teach that very well or they just don’t know themselves. Most of the other churches here really do not like us because of how bold we are in telling everyone that we are the only true church on the earth. They really don’t like to hear that. They also just don’t take the time to study about it and some of our converts are unsure about there testimonies because of some of these churches. It is really sad because they say that they follow Christ but they try to destroy the faith of other people. This week all of our investigators are doing really well. Sorry not a lot has happened this week so this might be a short email. We did have a really good experience with a guy named John. He is from England and he came here because he had no more family or friends that were alive in England. He is just a lonely man that doesn’t have a purpose now. We talked to him for a while and then asked him to pray. He prayed and asked God what he should do in this life because he has no one to talk to and he just doesn’t know what to do with his life. He told us that hi goal is to just make everyone smile a lot more. He builds awesome vehicles that really just make people smile. He loves us and after his prayer he was crying. We told him that God has a plan for all of us and that we were going to teach what his purpose is next lesson. Then the next day he couldn’t meet with us. I have never seen a man like that cry and be so lonely. The Gospel is what he really needs in his life.
I love that story too btw in Mosiah. (The King Benjamin speech story). We just talked about it the other day and had the same thought hahaha. I love you Mom so much! I really wish I would have done a better job telling you and expressing it to you and Dad whenIi was still home. I love you so much and I know that the Lord is watching over you for me.
Elder Bryce
p.s. I cant believe that you almost didnt get the machine hahaha
Hey sorry I forgot something. So the other day we met this family that was exactly like ours! The mother was so nice and really liked foreigners. Her sister married man from Germany and he was really awesome to this family and even did all of the ceremonies that they do for Buddist weddings and even wore all of the clothing. This family fed us dinner although it was not the best but they were so nice. We ate fish, rice , crickets and veggies. That was about it hahaha it was ok but the fish was weird. You would basically eat the entire fish. Sorry that was a little extra story for the week
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.