Monday, October 17, 2011

10/17/11




Look at the picture page, Bryce sent several this time; and he sent descriptions!!!


It sounds like you had a pretty good week this week.  Send me a picture of the back yard.  I actually miss seeing American grass.  I have only seen it once because i went to one foreigners house haha but I have not seen it since.  Same thing goes with carpet.  We only have tile floors here.  The only carpet that I have seen is in the Church and that is just like the school carpet.  Tell Matt that I said hi and that I actually do want an email from him and his family.  Hahaha that is awesome about the worm!  (Steve pretended to eat a worm for his grandson, but it dropped into his mouth). I loved that part and I can only picture what Micah did after hahaha.  Here we eat bugs all of the time.  They are usually just in our rice.  It bothered me at first but then I got over it really quickly.  I learned that it really is just extra protein.  haha well this week was really good.  I will include all of the stuff in the other email but i thought I would tell you this one thing.  I was reading in the Liahona all about the Book of Mormon and there was a talk by Neil L. Anderson.  It was a really really good talk about the parents and children in the Book of Mormon.  How they would counsel their sons.  I also read about the 2,000 warriors of Helamen and how they remember the example of their fathers and they were taught by their mothers.  I really thought about you and Mom and how you have really taught me the ways of the Lord.  I love you So much Dad and I know how much you have sacrificed for me to be here.  I love you so much.
-Elder Bryce

This week was a pretty awesome week!  At the begining it was pretty rough.  Me and my comp did not get along at first but now everything is fine and we are working really well now.  We have been having a blast actually.  He is a really funny guy.  I haven’t really told much about him so this email I will.  He is about 22 and has been a member for about 13 years.  His family is a part member family.  He loves America and everything about it and said that he is going to go to BYU Provo after his mission.  I can’t encourage that but I told him a little bit about it anyway.  This week we just have been really teaching awesome and through the Holy Ghost.  I know that it would be impossible to teach with out Him there.  We have noticed that the message has really been understood by our investigators.  It was just a really good week.  We also had a training meeting in Ubon this last week.  President and Sister Smith were there.  I really don’t know why but I always end up sitting by Sister Smith.  This time I got to translate for her.  I was a little scared but I know that the spirit helped me out a lot.  I really don’t even mean to sit by them.  I sit down and then they came in and sat right next to me.  I don’t brown nose because you taught me better than that but i have a feeling a few missionaries think that i have hahaha.  Well it is pretty sure that i am going to be moving this transfer and i might be going to Bangkok and serve there with my last comp as my Zone leader but i wont know until Monday next week.  And it is really all up to the Lord and where He think that i need to go to serve.
This week we had a really cool experience with a family from the Philippines.  She started crying in the middle of the lesson and said that she has felt alone and has felt guilt most of her life because of the sins that she has done.  We were trying to get to the point of repentance but the members were just going off about random stuff and we lost control of the lesson.  She was really excited about us coming over more often and said that we could come over everyday if we really wanted to.  She is so amazing.  She has such strong faith in Christ and our Heavenly Father. She was catholic so she has never really been taught how to repent.  That was about all for this week.  No we don’t eat those fish they are just for show but my comp wanted to play with it.  That house was not near ours but we pass by it a lot and I loved the green and the red so i took the picture.  So I don’t have a lot of time today but i do want to say how much i love you.  I told Dad already but I was reading in the Book of Mormon Liahona and it had a talk about parents in the Book of Mormon and you and Dad have done the same thing with all of us.  I know that you have taught me to love Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.  I have felt your words to be true through the Holy Ghost.  I have never fully appreciated what I have been taught until i have seen it change people lives.  I love you and I thank you and Dad for everything that you have taught me.  I love you so much.
-Elder Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.