Hey Momma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well it sounds like everything is going very well back at home. But here we started singing Christmas songs when October started. People kind of acknowledge Halloween here but it really isn’t that big or anything so for me it was just a kind of normal day for us hahaha and very boring. Although we did dress up in our house that day and took some pictures because we had 4 elders there. But here people really don’t go out and trick-or-treat. They might do it more in Bangkok but they really don’t do it here. Really the only thing that is really exciting is the rice harvest right now. I will actually be helping on Wednesday with one of our investigators. I have heard that they have Christmas here but its not very big. It is big with the members but that is about it. I am going to be serving in Bangkok so I actually might get Thanksgiving dinner because most of the Missionaries there go to the international branch and they eat with families there. By the way I am going to be moving to Bangkok. I am going to miss Buriram a lot! There are so many people here that I love and that I want to still help and see them baptized but I know that the Lord has work for me to do somewhere else. These last couple of weeks were just really awesome! Having 4 elders here was really awesome and really helped with the work here. We have so many investigators that are really willing to follow Jesus Christ. I love them all. Some of them are more different than others but they all mean so much to me. They are really my best friends. I am really going to miss my comp after this transfer too. It has been so much being with a Thai elder. I have learned so much from him and him and I are now just best friends. I actually did show a picture of Ciara to him and he wants to marry her. hahahaha He said that he would go to America to marry her if he has too. hahaha we just laughed after that. My new comps name is Elder Lesuir or something like that.
Ok experiences for the week. We had a really good lesson with the Filipino family that we have been teaching. They have so much faith and really want to be baptized and they understand everything and how important it all is. Yesterday was probably the coolest lesson I have had since I have been here. Yesterday we just asked a couple of questions to see if there was anything that they still didn’t understand or didn’t know. While we were asking we started teaching about baptism and the mom asked who can baptize. We explained the Priesthood to them and then we started talking just about parts of the church and how it works. Her daughter usually never talks in lessons and we were really concerned with her for a while because we would ask her questions but she would never respond and she would never participate in lesson. We found out how she was feeling the other day. She is so excited about it all. She was asking about how soon she can be baptized and then she asked about being a missionary. She actually added Ciara as a friend on facebook so tell cc to accept her and to start talking to her because she wants to practice English. Teaching this family has been a very special experience in my life. This family has been willing to give up things just to follow Christ and his true church. In another lesson with them they had a friend who is catholic and the lesson before he had some problems with the 10 commandments and that we should only pray to God and not to saints. The next lesson he said that he prayed about it and that it felt right that he needed to stop praying to saints. We invited him to go to church but he said that he would be fired from his teaching job if he didn’t go to the catholic mass. He then said that he is going to pray to heavenly Father to find another job so that he can join this church. These people are so amazing mom. I cannot thank my Heavenly Father enough for the opportunity to share his message with them and also to learn from them. I want to see them in white so badly.
I think these last couple of weeks I have really started to uncover things that I would have never thought of before and I don’t want this to ever end. Noticing the changes that this gospel brings in the lives of others is something that cannot ever be fully comprehended. There is nothing else in the world that can do the same thing. I love you all so much. Thank you for all that you are doing and all that you have done for me in this life to help me grow and be the person that I am today. I love you all for everything that you do.
-Elder Bryce
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.