Monday, November 14, 2011

An interesting week

 
Hey Mom and Dad!
  
That is one thing that I have been working on now is just being bold but also not being overbearing.  President Smith and Elder Gong said something really cool today in Zone Conference.  They said that the difference between the two is that being bold is having the spirit with you and being over bearing is leaning to our own understanding and not really focusing on the spirit so if it feels right refer him the Missionaries.  Tell Tyler and Creed that I said hi and that i am doing well and tell the members of the ward the same thing that ask about me.  Well this moves has been interesting.  I thought I would be leaving Buriram on that Wednesday or Thursday and it turns out I got a call from the Ap’s Monday night saying that I needed to get out of Buriram by 8:00 the next morning hahah I didn’t start packing until that night because we had stuff to do and then we had to go and teach.  It was a very interesting two days after that.  I had no idea how crazy it was until I got here.  Over half of my zone are not in their areas.  I have not even seen my area.  It is a place called Saphan Mai.  The water  is up to peoples chests and it is dangerous to go in the water.   After I got here I learned that my comp wasn’t even in Bangkok yet hahaha that was actually really funny when I learned that so I was staying with 2 other elders for 2 days and they were not able to work because we had to buy food storage and the traffic is terrible now because a lot of the roads are closed.  After that I got a call from the Ap’s that said that I was going to be meeting my comp at the bus station that next morning.  I finally got to meet him and now we only have about 4 weeks in the transfer and we can’t work in our area.  It sounds stressful and it is a little bit but it has actually been a really fun adventure hahaha.  I might move back out of Bangkok again until the flood waters are gone and people said that it could be 2 weeks to a month before the waters are gone.  This has not happened for over 60 years.  And that one was not as bad as this.  I had no idea how bad it was until I got here.  In the Esan we had no idea what was going on until this all happened and now I know.  The good news is that the Lord is preparing the hearts and the minds of the people to receive the Gospel.

We actually had a person really come up to us and very meanly say "thank the Lord" .  She I’m sure was Buddhist and I judged her for a small moment.  I thought for a second and then I felt a feeling of guilt.  I don’t know what she has experienced or what the flood has done to her house and then I saw her as a daughter of God.  It was a really small but a very cool experience.  So I will tell you a little bit about the house that I am in right now.  Well there are 8 elders in the house right now.  The other companionships are able to go back to their areas but we are the only ones that are not able to go back.  So we work in a place called Bangnaa.  It is hard because we don’t know where to go to invite because that house is actually in the sisters area and same with the area around the church.  But we do the best that we can and we plan for our investigators.

Sorry I am almost out of time now but I just wanted to share a really cool experience before I stopped.  So Elder Gong is a member of the 70.  He has a mission tour and the question was asked how can we have to the same desire as the 3 Nephites.  He answered and  said that we need love for the people that we serve and that desire will come over time.  As we read the scriptures and study about Christ and really be like Him.  It was amazing to hear that for me.  I just felt the spirit tell me what I need to start doing more.  It felt really reassuring when he said that and I felt very strong after that.

I love you all so much Thank you Mom and Dad for everything that you do for me.  Thank you everyone for your prayers.  I love you so much and I know that everything is true.

Elder Bryce

PS I have been having some leg problems and I will keep you updated on that.  And I will keep you updated on everything else.  I love you so much and please pray for the Thai people right now.  They need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.