Hey Momma!!!!!!!!!!! Ok since I never answer your questions I will answer them now so I don’t forget hahahaha. I have not gotten my package yet. It is at the office but I went there to get it and the office elders put it into their car and they left because they were going to give it to me and they never met me hahahahaaha so I should get it within the next week or two weeks. Probably the same time that I get my Christmas package hahahahaha. No I have not gotten a chance to go to my area. It is still flooded but this week we are going to try to rent a boat and get some supplies to our investigators and members there. The Church in our area might be dry by Christmas but they are still not sure because people are saying that there is a lot of water still in the North that really needs to come down so who really knows haha. We have been able to teach our investigators which is nice. Some of them are coming to the church here and we just teach them after. One of them is a lady who is really rich but she has a very soft heart. She loves Christ! She is willing to obey every commandment and she really loves the church. We taught her the law of chastity and she said that she loved this church and knows that the restoration is true because no other church really teaches this law.
She gained a testimony right in front of us that it was all true! She loves the Book of Mormon and she really wants to be baptized asap. We gave her a date for Christmas day but she is ready so we are going to be baptizing her asap. She really is ready.
The only thing that I can think of is to send razor blades and starbursts. and also my camera is not working anymore. I heard it is expensive to get repaired here and I was worried about that. It just won’t take any pictures so I was wondering what I should do about that? We are not allowed to eat food off of the street anymore or anything with rice because of the water. So we have had to eat foreign food and that is really expensive. That is really awesome about football!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was really odd. Before I left Buriram I actually saw a Thai newspaper with American football results hahaha I loved it haha.
That is really wierd about Ciara and tanner I will tell you why in a different email why.
This week was really cool. We have done a couple of service projects and one of them I had something really cool happen. We just started working and I started to talk with a guy who was working security for the water plant that we were working at that day. We just talked and I shared my testimony and he taught me some stuff about Thai and I taught him English. Later that day he had to go do something else but right before I left he came up to me and gave me some Oreos. When Thai people give a gift to a foreigner it is a pretty big deal. It’s not huge but it really means something special. It means that they respect you and thank you for something that you may have done for them. We bowed to each other and then I had to go. He was a really awesome guy.
Yesterday was really good too. We went to a members house to teach a referral that they gave us. This family is so funny and they joke all of the time hahaha. They love us and were sad that we might be going to our area this week. It was a really good lesson and we felt the spirit really strong in that lesson. This family is so cool here. It really reminded me of you guys hahaha they were very sarcastic.
Ok about my new comp. His name is Elder LeSueur. He is from Arizona and he is the last member of his family. He is way funny and I have learned a lot from him. We are setting goals and really wanting to improve. He actually goes home in April. Him and I joke around all of the time and have not really had any problems. He is way different than I am but he is so much fun to be around hahaha.
I love you so much Mom and everyone at home. I miss you but I know that the Lord is taking care of all of you for me. I love you.
Elder Bryce
Dad make sure you send pictures. I have one person here who wants to see them even more than I do haha I forgot to tell you some stuff haha. Right now we have 10 elders in the house. It is a little packed but way fun hahaha.
This week we get to eat thanksgiving dinner 2 times. One is with a Thai family who just likes to celebrate it and the other is with foreigners in Bangkok. I am way excited hahaha.
One other thing is last week I thought about grandma. I pulled out her picture and I started to cry a little. Then I opened my PMG to a random page and it was on the Plan of Salvation and that made me stop. I don’t have time right now but I love you so much and I wanted to thank you for all that you have done for me.
Elder Bryce
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.