Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First email from the MTC

Wednesday through saturday were the longest days of my life!!!! i would have rather been weeding in all of the gardens and emptied the cat box than do what happened again. It was long and we did a lot of work. OUr teachers only spoke to us in Thai and they only wrote in thai script. It is much better now. They speak to us in english more and we also know a lot more thai. The language is very very hard but it is slowly coming.

But now i will tell you about my experience on sunday. The best part of it was the devotional. It was all music. the BYU mens choir came and they sang the entire time and it was so peaceful and the spirit was just simply amazing!!!! After that we got to watch the Joseph Smith movie and it really made me re-evaluate why i am here. I was struggling a lot before and after that movie and dduring it i just cried. I know that there is no other thing that i could be doing right now. I love this gospel so much. One part of the movie talk about Josephs brother alvin. Where his father is dying and he asks Joseph if he will be able to see alvin again, and Joseph answers yes. i jusst started to cry. luckily it was dark and no one could tell but i thought of grandma and i know she is watching me and i want to make her proud. I love the gospel with all of my heart!!!!!!!! I know the lord has given me so much and i am lucky that i can give him just two years of my life. Tell Ryan that he will love it here. The food is good for the most part and the people are all very friendly and they always keep you busy. Tell dad i ran a really good mile the other day. P.E. is another time to get our mind offf of the language even though i still think about it. I can now fully pray in thai as long as i write my prayers down before i say them and i learned how to read script today. I can also say hi and introduce the chruch and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.