Sounds like you had a lot to do this week and were able to get it all done. I have learned that lesson with you. If something is just not working then just hit it hard with a hammer and make it work hahaha. Sometimes we have to do that with investigators and also members haha jk jk. I read that line and I couldn’t stop laughing and then I showed it to my comp and he started laughing hahaha. I always loved the back to school firesides. I know that they always helped me out when I needed a recharge for the year. I love that song too (The Spirit of God) but we never sing it in Thai. Mainly because no one really knows how to play the piano very well. I wish I would have practiced now before I quit haha. Not a whole lot of things happened this week. We mainly were traveling and didn’t have a lot of time to go finding. On Wed we had to go to a city called Surin for district meeting so that was about 2 hours on a bus and about 1 hour and 30 min for the meeting. Then we had to go back the next day because we had to go to a city called Ubon for our zone conference. It was way cool! I learned a lot of things and I had to recite DC section 4 in Thai. It was really hard because I didn’t start memorizing it until that Monday and I had to have it done by Friday. It was a little exciting. After Zone conference we didn’t get back to Buriram until 9:30ish so we didn’t do anything all day but we had such good food at the zone conference. Yesterday we had our first baptism. It was so cool! He invited so many people. We had more visitors than actual members of the branch. It was way awesome. After the baptism we had an investigator come up to my comp and start asking when she and her family could be baptized and asked about temples and everything!!!!! We were so excited! We jumped up and down after everything was over. I was just way awesome! That was about it for this week though. I Love you so much Dad!
Elder Revelli
Well this week I’m going to attach some pictures! We had our baptism and it went well for what happened. At first we almost didn’t have any water but we got a hose and filled the font by using a faucet in the bathroom. Then we over filled the font so it started flooding the church but then we let water out and we let too much out hahaha. It was really funny but we had a chance to talk with one of our investigators during that time so that was good. The person that got baptized is so legit! He wants to be a missionary already. He wants a copy of preach my gospel and he wants the Priesthood now. We told him that he could have it within a year if he really shows faith and works for the church. We have one convert like that already and he is always with the missionaries and he actually goes to all of their meetings. The other person’s name is brother ice. Meaning that is what his nickname means in Thai. It is something that is really cool here. Really names are very long here so everyone has nicknames. It’s actually pretty cool. mine is Elder Rafe. They really have a hard time saying Revelli. Most of them can’t so they just call me Elder Rafe. They shouldn’t but they don’t really like to stop once they have started hahaha. The Baptism was soooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had a lot of visitors there and they were all contacted and most of them want to learn more. We had one family who is awesome who we are teaching and they were there. After the baptism the wife came up to elder Gudmundsen and said she wanted everyone to be baptized asap. She also was asking about things that we have never even mentioned that they must have talked about in relief society. She is way awesome! She also said that she wanted to see a temple and she wants one in Thailand so badly. This is the family where the dad is a magician. They are so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than that not a lot happened this week.
I will attach a picture really fast of the baptism. It was a really good week this week. I learned a lot at zone conference and other stuff. It was a really good week. I love you so much Momma! Of course tell everyone that I said hi and tell smith that I will send him a letter with a really cool picture hahaha. Also if there are any updates with Michael Hess let me know. I am very curious how he is doing.
I love you so much Momma! You and Dad are the best parents in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love you so much more than I can actually say in this email. I love you and I know that Heavenly father is watching over you for me hahaha.
Elder Bryce Revelli
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.