Sunday, August 21, 2011


Hey Momma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not a lot has been going on.  This last week we did get a new zone leader but that is about it.  The new zone leader is way awesome.  He is a third generation member of the church and that is really huge that he is on a mission right now.  He knows a lot of English and really only talked with me in English while i went on splits with him this last week.  He really is the Thai version of Taylor Frampton.  Since he walked into our house it felt like Taylor was on a mission again and he was my zone leader hahaha it was way fun.  After our meeting with them I went and we had an interview with one of our investigators who is getting baptized this weekend!  I'm way excited to see a baptism and it is the first one that I get to see.  He was really prepared by the Lord.  He started repenting the day that he met us and he hasn’t needed to clear anything up after that day.  His faith is so awesome!  During the interview I was reading in the Book of Mormon in English and then I got bored with that so I started reading in Thai and then the fireworks for mothers day started.  Mothers and fathers day in Thailand is different because they have it depending on when the Kings and queens birthdays are.  So it was on Friday this last week.  It is a major celebration here.  Everyone either goes to the temples to do ceremonies for their mothers or they just spend the entire weekend with them.  It is much bigger here than it is in America.  The week before mothers day they already started hanging up posters and putting up displays of the queen.  They don’t just send a card and a box of candy/flowers here haha.  They really take the entire thing seriously and it lasts the entire weekend.  The same thing with fathers day and there are celebrations and fireworks everywhere.  It was pretty cool hahaha.  so when we have mothers day I will have to do fireworks for mothers and fathers day.
They also had a couple of really cool looking elephants but I couldn’t get pictures of them because i didn’t have my camera on me at that time.  Sometime this transfer I am going to a really cool temple about 80 kilos away and the elephant farm that is in Surin.  I know what I’m going to send home for Christmas but I just have to find a place that sells what I’m looking for.  Also I will tell you when I send it and I will have to send it in October because here they wont let you send anything over 500 grams during November just because it is really busy.  Like I said not a lot has happened this week but time is moving so fast.  Most days it feels like I wakeup and I'm just going right back to bed again hahaha.  Something cool that I have been studying this week is in the Christ like attributes section in preach my gospel.  They have an activity at the end of the section that is really helpful.  It is a really cool section and I recommend looking over it as a family if you can.  You asked about my house, by the way it is a house.  It is just one floor but it is pretty nice.  The only problem that we really have are ants in the kitchen and every once in a while we get a big spider.  I have a picture and a video of one that was on the wall when we came one night and it was huge!!!!!!!!  Anyway we have an office but we don’t use it anymore because the ac broke haha.  We use our ping pong table for it now hahaha.  Thailand mission used to have maids but something bad happened and now we don’t have them anymore so we do our own laundry and do all of the cleaning.  Tell Adam that it is a rip off that they had them.  The washing machines are very different here.  They are actually a lot more simple to use hahaha.  Send me a picture of Ciara’s room if you can.  I'm very curious what it looks like?  That’s awesome that Dad got all of the cars fixed.
I love you so much Mom and Dad.  Being mothers day this last week was really awesome.  I just thought about how much I love you both so much.  Trust me I didn’t lose focus or get home sick but I just did think about families a lot.  It actually made me want to teach more families and me and my comp are actually really focusing on finding families to teach.  I love you so much and I cant wait until you get to meet these people.
That’s all that I have for this week.

-Elder Bryce Revelli

P.S. make sure that you don’t send the gel deodorant, it melts.  Also just send deodorant in every care package please haha they don’t have it here and I am out haha.  Also we don’t get our packages until every transfers meeting which is every 6 weeks so just a heads up.  Love you much!

Hahaha it sounds like you have almost everything fixed and ready to go and it will all need help by the time that I get home hahahahaha.  I basically sent a combined email to you and mom this week but I will answer your questions and a cool thought that I had this week about Priesthood.  Everyday we have our studies in the morning and that all starts at 8:00.  We study until about 11:00 and then we say a prayer and go and start to work.  By work I mean lunch.  When we eat we always go out because it is a lot cheaper to do that.  Thai food is the best thing ever! And now that I can order what I want it is actually really nice.  My favorite thing so far is probably is paathay.  It is really good with sugar and lime in it, and with some shrimp.  Another thing that I love and we get it if we want a snack is called loog chin.  Basically it is balls of meat on a stick, and you just stand at a kart and dip them in sauce and free veggies and they charge you at the end after you have counted up all of the sticks and they are usually 3 baht per stick.  It is so good but after lunch is when we usually go inviting.  We choose a neighborhood to focus on for that week and we just go to every house and talk to everyone that we can until we move onto the next one.  All of our appointments are usually in the evening or late afternoon.  That is when everyone gets off work.  We do a lot of riding and walking.  On Sundays we go to church and after church we usually go home and eat and then we go to the branch presidents house and we go on splits with him and his counselor to go and visit less active members.  The day is usually full of stuff to do and then we come home and plan call zone leaders and then we write in journals and then go to bed and get up at 6:30 the next morning.  That is about the same unless we have to go to Surin for a district meeting or like this week we have zone conference in a place call Ubon and its about 4 hours by bus away.  We do all of our traveling on buses.  If we just need to go someplace close we take a tuk tuk.  Other than that we ride and walk.
What I thought about this week was president Uchtdorf’s talk about living below our privileges.  It was in the last conference and I'm actually going to use some of it for my homecoming talk.  It is way good and I think that every quorum should review it.  I really thought about the power of the Priesthood this week.  It was a really cool study.
I love you so much Dad.
- Elder Revelli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.