This last week was another great week here. Another person was baptized and that makes a whole family complete. The son that was just baptized has a really funny story. When we were teaching the parents and the other kids, he would never talk to us. He would walk in and bow and then walk into his room and shut the door. (ok its not really a bow but i cant think of the english word to describe it) He would do that everytime. He would ever ever want to talk to us until one day that we had family home evening and he sat in and we taught the plan of salvation with him there and he really did like it. He said that it made him feel good when we taught them. After that he wanted to be baptized. He was baptized after his brothers and sisters but then i was talking to their mom and she said that she had a dream that she was walking up a mountain alone and that the first time she had this dream she couldnt make it up the mountain. After that it wasnt until after her son was baptized that she had a dream that they were walking up that same mountain together and they all made it to the top of the mountain together. They said that they never found the tree of life but when they got to the top they just felt cool air and could see everythng around them. They all wanted to stay their and that is when she woke up. It was very very interesting and i really was touched by that story. I lvoe this family so much! I am so excited for you to meet them when you come here but you need to start practice sitting on the floor with legs crossed because in about everyhouse that we go to. there is no couch or chairs. So start practicing hahaha
That was really the highlight of this week. I still dont know if i am going to move or not but i have a feeling that i might. I wont know until wednesday but i will miss this place so much. I lvoe the memebers here and i will miss them so much. I lvoe the people that we are teaching but the coolest thing that i have learned about in this transfer is the parable of the sower has really come to life for me. I have seen those people who we met falling by the way side, those that were put on the rock and grew fast but fell away fast, i have met people who were choked my the thorns, but the best one that i have seen is those that were put in fertile ground and the plant grew until it was a tree. I think that if we start applying the parables into our own lives they really do become real.
I love this work. This is the best work that i have ever done. Better than acting, shooting, hiking, horse riding, scoutning or any of that stuff. I love these people and the culture so much. I am very excited for you all to take part in this. I love you and i hope and pray that you have a great week.
Elder Revelli
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.