Monday, July 25, 2011

Hey Mom!
Sorry this one is going to be a quick one but i did tell dad everything in the one that i was able to send to him. Not much has happened this week. It was really good but just really busy because we did a lot of traveling. We did have one day where it was only greenies in one city and that was awesome! it really was so much fun!. I prayed so hard the night before that i would be able to do something that day and i had no problem communicating. I really did feel the power of God and the gift of tonges. When i got back i couldn't speak as well but i really did learn about the power of prayer. The Lord is with me so much and i feel his help every day and he stregthens me so much. Next week i'm going to write more I promise that i will write more! I love you so much momma. I really can't tell you how much i love you through an email ha abut i have tried. Thank you so much for all that you do and being the best mom in the world. I will be sending you a Christmas package because i learned that a member does something really cool for the elders but she lives far a way so it will take a while so if it doesn't come in time sorry hahaha. I love you so much and all that i can think of is talking about enduring to the end and prayer. look up 1nephi 18:3. I never thought about that scripture before and look up 2 nephi 31 and 32. it has some way awesome stuff. Tell him that i am proud of him and sammi and that i love them both so much. I love you mamma.
-Elder Bryce Revelli

It does sound like you have your hands full. Just tell CC to start getting her hands dirty and helping with her car hahaha Well i will be home in about two years so it can wait that long haha i need something to do besides find a job and a wife. hahaha i thought you would enjoy that last one. It sounds like it is going to be tough to find a body for that car or expensive. We had a lot fo plans that we got done. Like the deck and the shed and a few other things hahaha. I will need some time to adjust when i get back so don't let me drive for a while. They drive on the opposite sid of the road here. One thing i was very surprised when i got here was the cars. They are actually really nice here and some of toyota's coolest designs are here. CC would love the little cars that i see everyday but they have some pretty good and nice cars here but like i said before most people just have scooters. I didnt get an email from bracken yet but i hope i get one soon from him. I think that would be awesome to hear from him spenc and allen. I want a ride in Johnny's car when i get home! That just sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I have always wanted to ride in one of those things and it sounds like grandpa really really enjoyed it hahaha. Most things here are actually cold. Every house that we go into they give us a glass of water with ice or from the fridge. So we get a lot of cold drinks here. I did learn that Thailand is actually the worlds leading ice production. I dont know if that is true at all but another elder told me that so its probably not. They do make really good smoothies here though. Not sure if i told you but there are 7 elevens everywhere so we are in there a lot and they have some of the best icecream there. I havent eaten a lot but my favorite so far is fried chicken with rice and papya salad. The salad is not like a normal salad at all. It is made with peppers, green beans, and sour papaya. It is even spicey for thai people tell keith that i will make it for him when i get back because it is super easy to make all you do is smash all of it together and i think that i will beable to find it all in the states. They also have this rotten fish sauce that is really good and a sweet chili sauce. There is just a lot of good food here and it is actually really easy to make. One thing that i love is getting food off of the carts. Here Buriram is famous for these carts of food that they just have meat on sticks and you just stand there and pick what ever you want dip it in a thing of sauce and they have a thing of cucumber there and you just eat until you are done. You ount your sticks and then you pay. I wish they had that in the U.S. hahah I will miss it so much ahaha. We ride about 5-8 miles a day. depending where we have to go and some people are very far away and everything is pretty far from our house. Somedays we ride a lot and others we dont ride very much. One day i was in a city call Surin and we rode a lot that day but some days we dont ride very much at all. One thing that you would love is that the cops dont pull people over unless people are not wearing helmets on bikes or scooters. The cops just choose a day and they all just sit in one place and pull people without helmets over but the ticket is only 100 baht so people just pay and still not wear a helmet. Not a lot has happened this week. We have been teaching this old man who is just way funny. He tries to speak english to us and he loves us. He doesnt understand a lot of what we teach but he wants to know. He is way awesome!
I love you so much Dad!
-Elder Bryce Revelli

This is something that Bryce emailed to Ciara

This week not a lot has happened. I had a cool experience on thursday with two elders that i was in the mtc with. All of our trainers had to go to a training conference and so they left us alone in a city for a day and said go out and work. The night before i prayed so hard for the ability to speak thai. The day that i got to the city I was having no probelm with the language. I understood everything and i talked a lot more than the other two elders. And words were just coming to me and i didnt even have to really translate stuff it all just made sense. I really learned about the power of prayer and faith. Just putting your trust in the Lord is the most important thing and just having faith that he will do it and always making sure to remember to ask if it is his will. The power of pray is so important. I always thought that it was just another thing to do but since i have been out here i thought about it and it is a way that we get to talk with our heavenly father directly. Doesnt that sound like the coolest thing in the world! hahaha so make sure you dont think about prayer as just another thing to do but make sure that you find time each day to just pour your soul to the Lord. We call it finding your own sacred grove. I did it and i promise you that it works. And if you havent yet ask him if everything that we have learned since we were little kids is true. I had never done that until i got into the MTC and i got my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.